- Quick Links
- Financial Aid Process
- Scholarships and Waivers
- Types of Aid
Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loan
Graduate/Professional students with good credit can use the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Program to help pay for educationally-related costs, including, but not limited to, general enrollment fees, tuition, room/board, books, and miscellaneous personal expenses. Eligibility in this program is not contingent upon financial need. This loan must be repaid.
Additional information about Federal Direct Loans can be found in the U.S. Department. of Education’s publication “Direct Loan Basics for Students."
- Students must first complete the FAFSA before they can be considered for this loan. Students are encouraged to submit the FAFSA as soon after January 1 as possible each year.
- Not based on financial need
Must be at least half-time
- Graduate/Professional students: 4+ hours fall or spring, 2+ hours summer
- Veterinary Medicine students: 6+ hours each semester
- After the FAFSA has been completed and aid determined, the student can apply for the Grad PLUS Loan at StudentLoans.gov.
- Eligibility must be determined and loan must be originated before the end of the academic period for which the loan is being requested.
- Refer to Required Reading for terms and conditions