- Quick Links
- Financial Aid Process
- Scholarships and Waivers
- Types of Aid
Award notifications for the upcoming academic year are typically sent to eligible incoming freshman and transfer students beginning in December and to continuing students beginning in late spring. Awards are made on an on-going basis throughout the year based on when the official FAFSA and any required documents are received by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Your award represents the best offer of assistance from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid based upon your Expected Family Contribution and the cost to attend OSU. Awards cannot be negotiated and we do not match offers from other schools. If you or your parents have experienced a change of circumstances (divorce, death, job loss, etc) please contact our office.
How Will I Be Notified?
- All students receive award notices by email to their official OSU email addresses. New undergraduate students also receive a paper award notification sent by postal mail to their permanent mailing addresses.
- To protect your privacy, the Notification of Award email does not include specific award information. Instead, it tells you that awards are available for you to review by logging on to the OSU Self Service portal at my.okstate.edu.
- Award notices include a link to instructions for reviewing and accepting aid.
Review Your Award
- Pell Grant and Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant: If you are eligible, we assume you wish to receive these grants, so "Accepted" is the default setting for these funds on my.okstate.edu.
- All other funds have an “offer” status and must be accepted within a certain timeframe to avoid being cancelled.
- If you are not sure whether you want to accept an offered award, it is better to accept it now and make changes later so you have time to carefully plan for the coming year.
- Because funds are limited, if you decline a certain award now, we may not be able to reinstate it later.
- Beneath the financial aid awards are paragraphs of information about each award, along with other important information. Some awards have links to an information sheet for more details on the award.
Budgeting and Revisions
Review your projected educational costs and create a budget using your award. If your educational costs will exceed those reflected in your award, we may be able to make revisions in some situations if properly documented.
- Adjustments to Cost of Attendance for Current Undergraduate Students
- Adjustments to Cost of Attendance for Current Graduate Students
- Adjustments to Cost of Attendance for Current Veterinary Medicine Students