Skip Navigation
Oklahoma State University

Veterinary Medicine Students

To make the most of the funding opportunities for students in the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, you should:

  • Check with the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences for scholarship information.

  • File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year (as soon after October 1st as possible for the following fall semester). We use FAFSA information to award need-based scholarships, Work-Study employment, and student loans. Priority for programs with limited funds goes to the neediest students who apply earliest.

  • Review the general timeline of when you should have completed various processes.

  • Frequently check your financial aid status by logging on to the OSU Self Service portal system at

  • Check your OSU email account ( at least once a week, since we send official emails to that address to protect the privacy of your information.

  • Contact our office before you withdraw from a class to find out whether the change will impact eligibility for financial aid. Whether you send an email to, come by the office in 119 Student Union, or call the office at 405-744-6604, your questions will always be answered by full-time, professional staff.