1. What types of federal financial aid are available?
2. How do graduate students apply for federal financial aid?
3. Is there an application deadline?
4. Is parent income required on the FAFSA?
5. What if I’m getting married before school starts but after I fill out the FAFSA?
6. Is there anything else I need to fill out before I receive my financial aid award?
7. My awards are for fall and spring only. What about summer?
8. When will I receive my federal financial aid?
9. What is considered full-time and half-time for a student for determining financial aid?
10. I have an assistantship and am taking 6 hours in the fall, and the OSU Registrar considers me full-time. Why is financial aid eligibility different?
11. I haven’t been officially admitted to my graduate program yet. Can I receive federal aid as a non-degree-seeking student?”
12. What about prerequisites? I need to take some undergraduate courses as prerequisites in order to be admitted into a graduate program. Can I receive financial aid for those courses?
13. Are international students eligible for federal financial aid?
14. I haven’t been officially admitted to my graduate program yet. Can I receive federal aid as a non-degree-seeking student?”
1. What is a Direct Unsubsidized Loan? A Direct Graduate PLUS Loan?
2. What are the loan limits in the Direct Loan program for graduate students?
3. At my undergraduate institution, I received Stafford Loans and had to go through a private lender. How are Stafford Loans different from Direct Loans?
4. I reached the maximum total debt as an undergraduate student. Can I borrow more as a graduate student?
5. What if I am not eligible for any of the federal loan programs?
6. Should I consolidate my undergraduate loans? My graduate loans? What are the benefits?
7. Can I consolidate my Perkins Loans with my other federal loans?
8. Can my spouse and I consolidate our loans?
Tuition Waiver/ Scholarship FAQs
1. How do I apply for scholarships or tuition waivers at OSU?
2. I received my award letter from you, and my tuition waiver isn’t listed on it. Do I need to tell you?
3. I’m hoping to get a tuition waiver, but my department and/or the Graduate College hasn’t confirmed yet that I will. What should I do?
4. How can I find out about non-OSU scholarships for graduate students?