Future Transfer Financial Aid
Federal Student Aid Programs
Find out what's available through the Federal Student Aid Programs.
Applying for Federal Aid
Completing the FAFSA
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online at www.fafsa.gov and should be completed as soon as possible after Janaury 1 each year. The FAFSA information is used to determine eligibility for:
There are no grants for graduate/professional students, with the exception of the TEACH Grant (only for eligible students in certain education fields).
- Federal Work-Study
- Federal Loans
- TEACH Grant
If you’ve never filed a FAFSA before:
- Apply for a federal FSA ID (this is a different ID from your OSU PIN).
- Use the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet to gather the information before you complete the online FAFSA.
If you’ve filed a FAFSA before:
- You won’t have to provide as much information, since some prior year information is saved
Who is eligible to complete the FAFSA?
Review the General Eligibility Requirements to find out more.
Apply as soon after January 1st as possible.
- Priority for programs with limited funds is given to students who file the FAFSA early AND respond promptly to any additional information requests made by the OSU Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- Temporarily allow pop-ups when using the FAFSA website (or if your browser has the option, select "always allow from this site").
- List Oklahoma State University, 119 Student Union, Stillwater, OK 74078 (School Code: 003170).
- Use the IRS data retrieval process to obtain tax return information if you are eligible to do so and have filed your federal taxes online at least 2 weeks prior. Don't make changes to the IRS data.
- If you have not filed taxes, provide estimated information to file your FAFSA early, then file your taxes as soon as possible and use an electronic process. After 2 weeks, make corrections to your FAFSA and use the IRS data retrieval process. Don't make changes to the IRS data.
- Review the IRS Data Retrieval Tutorial to learn how to use the IRS data retrieval process when making corrections to your FAFSA.
- If you are unable to use the IRS data retrieval process, request an IRS Tax Return Transcript shortly after filing your taxes online.
- Review the FAFSA Tutorial, Seven Easy Steps to the FAFSA: A Student's Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.