- Quick Links
- Financial Aid Process
- Scholarships and Waivers
- Types of Aid
Apply for Scholarships and Financial Aid
Apply for Scholarships:
- Scholarship information for Future Freshman Students
- Scholarship information for Future Transfer Students
- Scholarship information for Current Undergraduate Students
- Scholarship information for Graduate Students
Apply for Federal/State Financial Aid:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Beginning with the 2017-2018 year, the FAFSA should be completed as soon as possible after October 1st as possible for the following fall semester. Only an official FAFSA can be used to calculate eligibility for aid.
An official FAFSA must include:
- All signature requirements satisfied (including parents if required).
- An official Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- All required questions completed (no blanks or incomplete answers).
- We suggest you temporarily allow pop-ups when using the FAFSA website (or if your browser has the option, select "always allow from this site").
- OSU's school code is 003170.
- Get an FSAID: you and your parent (if you are a dependent student) will need a U.S. Department of Education FSAID to sign your FAFSA electronically.
- Be admitted as a degree-seeking student at OSU.
When Should I Apply?
- Apply as soon after October 1st as possible and turn in required documents as quickly as possible.
- Why so early? OSU receives limited funding for the Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Perkins Loan programs. Funding for state grants, including the Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG), is limited and earliest applicants receive priority for funds.
What Happens Next?
- You will receive confirmation from the U.S. Department of Education that you have completed the FAFSA. Be sure to review the information you submitted and make any corrections as needed.
- OSU will email you to let you know we have received your FAFSA information and again if we determine we need any additional information from you.
- Email is sent to your OSU email address, but you must have an active O-Key account.
- You can also check the status of your application on OSU’s student self-service at my.okstate.edu.