- Quick Links
- Financial Aid Process
- Scholarships and Waivers
- Types of Aid
Financial Aid Checklist
Before classes begin it is important to review your status and eligibility to ensure your aid is received on time. Review the checklist below to make sure you have completed the following:
- Complete the FAFSA each year
- Search and apply for scholarships
- Create a budget
- Accept scholarships and financial aid
- Report any and all scholarships and other resources (required)
- Review the financial aid policies
- Review your enrollment level on my.okstate.edu to make sure your aid will disburse. If your hours have changed from the level your financial aid and/or scholarships are planned for, complete the online Enrollment Update form. Initial awards for the year are based on the assumption that you will be enrolled full-time (12 or more hours undergraduate; 9 or more hours graduate/professional) for the fall and spring semesters.
- Once the semester has started review your bill on my.okstate.edu.
- Set up Direct Deposit and Guest User with the Office of the Bursar
- Set up proxy access to allow parent(s)/spouse to obtain information you deem necessary. Additional information about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), as well as instructions for granting access to records, is available on the OSU Registrar's website.
- If you accept a Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized student loan, Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) are required for first-time borrowers
- If you accept a Perkins Loan, a promissory note is required for first-time borrowers and instructions to sign the online promissory note are e-mailed by the Bursar’s Office
- If your parent applies for the Parent PLUS Loan and is approved, a Master Promissory Note (MPN) is required for first-time borrowers
- If you accept a Graduate PLUS student loan, Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) are required for first-time borrowers