- Quick Links
- Financial Aid Process
- Scholarships and Waivers
- Types of Aid
2017-2018 Financial Aid Awards
Welcome to OSU! We're pleased to provide you with an offer of financial assistance as you pursue your educational goals at OSU. The following information will help you with the next steps in finalizing your awards.
Review and accept your awards:
- Go to my.okstate.edu and sign in using your OSU email address and O-Key password.
- Click on the "Self-Service" icon and then on the "Financial Aid" tab.
- At the Financial Aid main menu, click on "Award," then on the "Award for Aid Year" link.
- Select "2017-2018 Award Year" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Terms and Conditions" and carefully review that information, which includes an explanation of how we determined your eligibility and important information you need to know as an aid recipient.
- Once you've accepted the Terms and Conditions, you'll be able to click the "Accept Award Offer" tab.
- Click on each fund name for details, including any deadline for action, and select "Accept" or "Decline" for each award (see separate Parent PLUS Loan instructions, below).
- Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Submit Decision" button when you've made your decisions.
Accept a Parent PLUS Loan:
The process for accepting a Parent PLUS Loan is different from accepting other types of aid, since the parent, not the student, is the borrower of this loan. Final eligibility for this loan requires a credit history check by the federal loan servicer. If your parent decides to apply for the PLUS Loan, he or she will need to complete a PLUS Loan Application and a PLUS Loan Promissory Note with the federal loan servicer at studentloans.gov after April 1, 2017. The loan servicer will determine whether the parent meets the credit history requirements and will send approval to OSU. When we receive the loan approval, we will change the status of the PLUS Loan on the OSU portal, to "accepted."
Reporting other scholarships and awards:
If you'll receive other awards from agencies/organizations other than OSU (or OTAG/Oklahoma's Promise), please notify us by going to the "Outside Resources" tab in the "Award" portion of the Financial Aid section in my.okstate.edu. You only need to complete the Outside Resources section of the page if you have awards to report; you don't need to enter zero if you're not reporting awards.
Check you OSU Email and the OSU student portal regularly:
OSU provides an official email address to all admitted students, and the OSU Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will send all official emails to that address. Be sure you've activated your OSU email address and remember to check it at least once a week. You should also plan to check your financial aid status and awards weekly by going to the OSU Portal, as awards are made on an ongoing basis throughout the spring and summer.