Skip Navigation
Oklahoma State University


It's not too late to file the 2018-2019 FAFSA:

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in applying for most types of financial aid.

For the 2018-2019 school year, which starts Fall 2018:

  • The 2018-2019 FAFSA was available October 1, 2017 at We encourage everyone to file the FAFSA as soon as possible so they will know their aid eligibility before the Fall 2018 Semester begins. Don't wait until June or July; do it now!
  • Be sure to list your 2016 Income Tax Year information.
  • You won't have to estimate income information because you'll report income and tax information from the 2016 tax year.
  • Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. You and your family may be able to automatically import 2016 income information from the IRS to the FAFSA while you're completing the FAFSA by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT). If you are offered the option of using the IRS DRT while completing the FAFSA, we strongly encourage you to use it to import the 2016 Tax Year information, and to not change any information imported by the tool.
  • The IRS and the U.S. Department of Education have worked to make the IRS Data Retrieval process more secure for 2018-2019. When you transfer the income information from the IRS to the FAFSA, you won't see the actual income figures. Instead, you'll see "Transferred from IRS" in those fields.

Viewing/Accepting Financial Aid & Scholarships for Fall 2018:

Students who will begin at OSU in the Fall of 2018 will access their online records (including accepting financial aid and scholarships) by logging on to myOKSTATE and sign in using their OSU O-Key email address and password.  For printable step-by-step instructions, click here.

Parent PLUS Loan Borrowers Should Complete PLUS Loan Payment Authorization Form:

Federal Parent (PLUS) borrowers have the option to tell the OSU Bursar's Office how to credit the PLUS Loan to their student's Bursar account. By regulation, the PLUS Loan can be used to pay only current-year tuition, mandatory fees, and OSU housing/meals unless the borrower authorizes the Bursar to credit additional charges with the Parent PLUS Loan.

If the PLUS borrower does not authorize the OSU Bursar to use the PLUS to pay for all charges, the Bursar will process a refund, to whomever the borrower indicated on the PLUS Loan Application at, but may also create a bill for the other charges on the account. The parent and/or student would then need to pay that bill using any refund received or other funding sources.

Parent PLUS borrowers can authorize the OSU Bursar to credit the PLUS Loan to ALL charges by completing the OSU Bursar's Office PLUS Loan Payment Authorization Form.  
Questions regarding the Authorization Form, as well as the processing and/or amount of refunds, should be addressed to the OSU Bursar, by email at or by phone at 405-744-5993.

All New and Continuing Federal Aid Recipients Should Review Title IV Authorization Questions:

We strongly encourage you to go to to review and answer the questions that tell the OSU Bursar’s Office how to credit your Federal Title IV Financial Aid to your Bursar account. Your answers to these questions affect the amount of any refund of federal aid you might receive. Your Title IV Federal Financial Aid will automatically be credited toward current year institutional charges (i.e., tuition, fees, housing and meal plan).

Federal regulations allow students the option to have additional charges paid by Title IV Financial Aid but to do so, you must tell the OSU Bursar you want to exercise this option. You can voluntarily authorize the OSU Bursar to credit other charges with your Title IV Financial Aid. Examples of these other charges include, but are not limited to, parking permits, bookstore charges, athletic tickets, library fines, and health insurance and health center charges.

If you choose to not authorize the OSU Bursar to use your aid to pay these charges, you may receive a refund, as well as a bill for the other charges (including parking permits, bookstore charges, athletic tickets, etc.) from the OSU Bursar. You would then need to pay the bill, using either the refund or other funding sources available to you.