- Quick Links
- Financial Aid Process
- Scholarships and Waivers
- Types of Aid
Federal Aid Process
Types of Aid:
- Federal Student Aid Programs for undergraduate students.
- Federal Student Aid Programs for graduate students.
Completing the FAFSA:
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online at www.fafsa.gov. For the 2017-2018 award year, that starts Fall 2017, the FAFSA will be available starting October 1, 2016.
The FAFSA information is used to determine eligibility for:
- Federal/State Grants
- Need-Based Scholarship Programs
- Federal Work-Study
- Federal Loans
- TEACH Grant
If you’ve never filed a FAFSA before:
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) (this is a different ID from your OSU PIN).
- Use the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet to gather the information before you complete the online FAFSA.
If you’ve filed a FAFSA before:
- You won’t have to provide as much information, since some prior year information is saved. For the 2017-2018 award year, you will use 2015 income and tax information.
Who is eligible to complete the FAFSA?
Review the General Eligibility Requirements to find out more.
For the 2017-2018 award year, apply as soon after October 1, 2016 as possible.
- Priority for programs with limited funds is given to students who file the FAFSA early AND respond promptly to any additional information requests made by the OSU Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- Temporarily allow pop-ups when using the FAFSA website (or if your browser has the option, select "always allow from this site").
- List Oklahoma State University, 119 Student Union, Stillwater, OK 74078 (School Code: 003170).
- If we ask for verification of 2015 income information, request an IRS Tax Return Transcript.